Epicurean Angler-Matthew Supinski's Selectivity/Nexus Blog- Everything Trout/Steelhead/Salmon

Epicurean Angler-Matthew Supinski's Selectivity/Nexus Blog- Everything Trout/Steelhead/Salmon

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Massive King taken on the Muskegon...my largest with client in 20 years!



 Seriously and despite the 90F heat and ultra low water...in my 20 years of ghillie-hood, this is definitely the largest wild king!- saw some approaching 30 last year, but this year they are running massive and with stunning red/marbling colors ... my client Thursday-Gene Kelly from Boston, hit this massive hen in the mid to upper 30lb range swinging flies with me in the pools- glad I invested in a 60 lb Boga grip this year!- more coming!...it will be an awesome fall for sure for steelhead given the sized summer runs we saw on the St Joe...just need more water and the cold weather we had all summer eh?