Epicurean Angler-Matthew Supinski's Selectivity/Nexus Blog- Everything Trout/Steelhead/Salmon

Epicurean Angler-Matthew Supinski's Selectivity/Nexus Blog- Everything Trout/Steelhead/Salmon

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dr. TOM HAS PUT THE "GRRRRR!" IN SWINGER , BABY!







Sorry for the long delay in posting.....been a crazy busy past week.!!!

Have the pleasure of guiding Dr.Tom Aufiero for the whole week, a heart surgeon from Indiana, who is a phenomenal spey caster and British Columbia aficionado who is know to hang out in the haunts of Smithers,B.C.

Tom could "swing" his Skagit heads and Loop rods all day with the patience only a true two handed chrome junkie can muster up. I have been using my Hyde drift boat after cracking impellers on rocks with my Yamaha jet. The slow, quiet and stealthy approach with the drift boat and the low water is really paying off big time since I'm covering every yard of real estate on the water and not jumping around like a whirling dervish!- I might never leave it the ole Hyde........plus I'm in boxing shape!

Tom cracked an awesome chrome 12 pound buck today on my pink/orange copper black leech.......it was a magnificent battle. The pleasure was all mine watching a true spey master!!....Congrats Tommy!

ROD: LOOP OPTI- 12'4" 8/9( one of the finest rods I have ever casted.next to the new Orvis Helios 13', 6" and my 13- 8/9 G. LOOMIS Dredger, Roaring River
REEL :NAUTILUS- 8/9
LINE: RIO SKAGIT 570 GRAIN, 10 FEET OF T-8
FLY: MINE
TIPPET: 10LB MAXIMA FLOUROCARB

AWESOME DAY!!!!!!!

NOTE:WATER LOW AND CLEAR, LOTS OF SALMON AND SOME BROWNS....STEELS ARE COMING WITH THE FULL MOON,EH!!!

As Austin Powers put, " I put the "grrrrrrrrrrrr! , in swinger, baby- so did Tom!